Sunday, June 1, 2008

Welcome Little One


Today I enjoyed attending a baby shower for my daughter-in-law who will be having her third baby in July. Baby showers are fun for looking at all those precious baby things, but what really makes them special in my opinion is that this is often that last time the mommy will enjoy a party once the baby is born. It is also my opinion that first birthday parties are really for the parents more than for the oblivious, cake-coated baby. Parents deserve a big party for surviving the first year, especially with a first baby.


I made a video with my new Flip video camera, which turned out very badly due to the flood of daylight coming in the windows. But the audio is amusing, so I will share it here. Maybe you can hear the sound of children playing in the background - the 2 older cousins were having a blast with my 2 grandsons and there is much thumping and squealing overhead. It reminded me of when my children were young and they would make the house shake with their spirited hi-jinks.

Here is the poor quality video of my beautiful daughter-in-law opening baby gifts. It is about 3 minutes long. I promise that the next video will be extremely high quality to make up for this one.



No comments: