Friday, June 6, 2008

Today is the Day

Today our youngest son graduates from high school. It is a nice feeling. I hope he knows how proud we are of him. And that he has so much to look forward to. It has been a weird week for the old folks at the Empty Nest. I have suffered through my first case of poison ivy and have had a couple of bad sleep nights due to itchiness. My nutty husband has been too busy with work to do anything nutty. He broke a tooth and had to make an emergency visit to the dentist. It seems that just about every time I go to leave the house, I discover that whatever clothes I am wearing have food spots or other defects; you know, I really do try to keep up with the laundry. I have had time off from work, so I can't complain about being too busy to enjoy being at home and tending to my extensive grounds. We are having a graduation party Saturday night for both of our graduates, so we will have fun seeing people we don't see often enough. All in all, not a bad week after all.


Here is a photo of today's graduate, celebrating Christmas many years ago. I hope to make a slide show of his graduation and post that later, and maybe get around to posting the video from the baby shower too.




No comments: