Tuesday, June 10, 2008

It's Go Time!

While I am glad that we can all rally around our man Obama, I am sorry that my plan isn't going to work out: 8 years with President Hillary, followed by 8 years of President Barack, then 8 years of another worthy Democrat. I believe our country does better with Democratic leadership.

My son was quite indignant that I could be a Hillary supporter right up till the end. He would sputter and grouse about how awful she is. I just think she'd make a good president, that's all. So shove it, son.

Today I gave money to Obama, a small amount, even though Hillary owes 11 million dollars or some outlandish sum like that. She will have to send Bill out on the lecture circuit to recoup that, after he rests for a while. Wasn't it nice to see Chelsea all grown up and proud of her mom? She's right, her mom would make a better president than her dad. He is so distractable and volatile.

So in the words of Mandelbaum on Seinfeld, it's go time now. Let's buckle down and elect a good, smart president. For a change.

Just allow me one last bit of space for the other candidate, old what's her name, and then I really will move on.





No comments: