Sunday, July 20, 2008

Kayak Update

On Thursday I ventured out on my little boat again. You will be happy to learn that I had a much better time and handled my boat with something close to competence. Yea me.

I have included a photo of the group of us who work out together. I participate in a fitness group called Seal Team Physical Training. We work out at 5:45 am on weekdays in various locations, including the James River. Our leader and CEO is a former Navy seal and this is the business he created after he left the Navy so that he could continue his own fitness level and have lots of people to yell at and boss around. We do a lot of pushups, situps, running, jumping, skipping, and we do things like buy kayaks and paddle around together. People of all ages and fitness levels participate, so don't be thinking I am buff or particularly fit or anything like that. I just slog along at the pack of the back and remain cheerful and reasonably obedient. Believe it or not, it is much more fun than the gym. It's amazing what the body can do.

Here is our photo; I am likely to be near the back of the pack, as always.


No comments: