Sunday, September 12, 2010

9-12-10

Let's see, that's 9% nitrogen, 12% phosphorus, 10% potassium in a bag of fertilizer.

Clearly I've been too immersed in horticulture lately.

Back in August I enjoyed writing 8-9-10 on that day.  And I always like writing 9-9-nn.  9-9-10 was fun this year.  It's my birthday you know.  My mother never could remember if my birthday was 9-9 or 9-10, so over the years I've extended my birthday celebration for a whole week.  There's still time to get a little gift for me.  Fertilizer is always a nice.

I hope you had a nice day on 9-11-10.  I was working at my outdoor job and paused to think about what a beautiful day it was, just as it was on 9-11-01.  I hope families of victims are finding ways of coping.  I can't imagine living with the pain of losing a loved one in such a horrible way.  

Maybe some people are exploiting the day engaged in fearmongering and extremism because it's an election year.  Maybe they won't do this again next year.

Maybe if we called what they do extremism they'd shut up and sit down.

Just an idea.

No comments: