Sunday, March 29, 2009

Kitten #2

Yes, you read that right. We now have 2 kittens.

When Paul learned that I had adopted Tippy, he said we should get the other one also, so the siblings could be together. Plus, he liked the look of the other one, mostly black with a little white.

So the boy cat, as we now have confirmed, was trapped on Thursday, neutered on Friday, and came to live with us Friday night.

I'd love to tell you more about him, but I have seen him only very briefly and have not held him yet.

I hope that he will soon tire of life under the sofa. You'd think he'd want to stretch his legs. I have been feeding him under there and was pleased with his intake until this morning I saw the rear end of Tippy sticking out from the sofa where she was inhaling the food meant for him.

Tippy is looking pretty plump, she lets us hold her most of the time, and is right now running from the den to the kitchen looking for a way to escape. While this behavior seemed manic to me yesterday, today I am labeling it as the way half-feral kittens play. It's better than cowering under the sofa. At lease she is getting exercise.

We can't really name the new kitten till we get a good look at him. And of course a photo is out of the question. But please know I am staying on top of this situation. Literally, I am sitting on the sofa he is under. That's sort of a bond, isn't it?

Tippy trots back and forth. Pepper growls at her once in a while. Sofa cat seems calm. I guess this is how domestication works, slow but sure.

No comments: