Saturday, November 29, 2008

Saturday night blogging

I don't know about you folks but I'm getting whiplash from all the bad economy news. I walked into Home Depot today and wondered if it would still be there a year from now. I went into Circuit City yesterday and didn't wonder if it would be here next year. We bought a TV there; will that help?

About 2 weeks ago, I heard something very disturbing on C-Span's Washington Journal. It seems that my nutty husband and I are responsible for the collapse of our economy. Before I get to that, did you know that all the crackpots and wingnuts have C-Span's call-in show on speed dial? Oh yes, and I listen in the mornings between 7 and 7:30 am when they call in to alert everyone to the real agenda of that muslim fellow we just elected, and how hateful libruls are. It's important to know what that crowd is thinking. If you can call it that.

So, this fellow calls in railing about the cause of the economic collapse, which can be blamed totally on folks who bought Japanese cars in the 70s. Hold the phone, Gertrude. That would be us. Yes, dear readers, the purchase of Datsun B210 in 1976 has brought America to the brink of ruin. I'm so sorry. How could we have known? We were just dumbs kids looking for cheap, reliable transportation. A car that would last 10 years and not be gas-hoggy. We achieved our goal. I swear we weren't trying to ruin the country.

Here's a picture of the crime car:

The geese were not involved. The photo was taken in 1978 when we lived on a farm outside of Lexington, Ky.
Shop sensibly everyone. Don't buy any gift cards. Too risky.

No comments: