Saturday, October 18, 2008

Good Grief, I Forgot To Write About Pete

My favorite child had his birthday on the 17th and I forgot to acknowledge it. What kind of mother am I?? He's not really my favorite, of course, they are all wonderful. However, Pete does give the best presents of all my children. He's busy with graduate school and his social life, so he probably doesn't check my blog very often. It's not like he has the Empty Nest on his feed page where he can check it every hour to see what's new. Shoot, we aren't even friends on Facebook. And forgetting to write about him here isn't nearly as egregious as forgetting to pick him up from the babysitter's house one evening years ago. I wonder if he noticed.

So here's a slightly late shout-out to good old Pete, 26 years young. As I told him on the phone yesterday (see, I am not completely thoughtless) I am glad I gave birth to him, and I think it worked out well for both of us.






2 comments:

Pete W. said...

i had almost gotten over being left at the babysitter, but thanks for bringing it up again. years of therapy undone with one comment on a blog.

Sensei J said...

Parents always love the dumbest children most. Remember the triple lutz on the fish pond? I rest my case.