Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Janet for VP!

Well. I have been wondering lately what other kinds of work I might be able to do. I have worked as a librarian for 30 years and as wonderful as that has been (no, really) it might be fun to do something else.

I learned last week that I can be Vice-President of the United States.

How you say?

I was active in the Crestview Elementary School PTA for 15 years. I was president twice. I took just about any job that needed to be done, as we were a small but devoted group. I managed the Reading is Fundamental program for 15 years and did other PTA stuff simultaneously. Heck, I managed the school halloween carnival a couple of times, which must be equal to commanding a state national guard without the advantage of carrying a loaded weapon.

On the pro-life front, I declined to have amniocentesis as an elderly expectant mother. Thirty-five makes you elderly and at risk. Amniocentesis is scary business; they stick a big needle into your baby place at 20 weeks along. That is halfway to having a baby. The test itself has risks. I thought at 20 weeks, we are having this baby and we will deal with any complications as they are revealed. We were blessed with another healthy baby who just went off to college. So, come on, don't I get some family values credit for that decision?

So how about it: Janet for VP!

What's that? I have to be republican?

Never mind.

3 comments:

Pete W. said...

and you also live in a one-horse town, better known as Richmond, Virginia, which is nowhere near Russia, so what could you possibly know about that? and tell pepper to get a job and stop being so lazy.

Sensei J said...

Unfortunately your middle son would heap shame on whatever ticket you join.

Pete W. said...

i have it on good authority that "sensei" j is not even a real sensei. he probably doesn't know karate. what else is he hiding?