Monday, September 15, 2008

Enough with the Birthday Already

Hello, I was going to write something silly about the Woody family fleece competition, but with all the bad financial news today, it seemed disrespectful. Lots of people are getting fleeced, and lots more can't afford fleeces, so perhaps I should find another topic.

Briefly, since now your interest is no doubt piqued, I was shopping on Saturday (my president wants me to) and saw a nice chocolately brown fleece jacket, marked down, and thought "I'm going to buy this just to make Paul jealous. And it's kind of cute. And such a bargain."

My nutty, adorable husband loves fleeces and has a lot of them. Can't resist a bargain. Has more than needed in our temperate climate. And now he has me doing it.

I did buy it, and now I have the new chocolately brown one, plus my 2 reds, a lime green, and a dark green. Is that too many?

Just so you'll get your money's worth out of this posting, I'd like to share a writer I have discovered, Will Durst, whose work I found on a funny website called 23/6. Meet Will here.

Selfishly, I hope it gets cold soon so I can wear my new fleece.

No comments: