Thursday, June 17, 2010

Dog Eats Cabbage

The other day, I harvested a cabbage, the first of the two that came in this year.  Three plants, two cabbages, not bad for a first-timer.

Being a slob, I dropped the outer leaves on the ground while I took the cute little cabbage into the house.  When I came back out, a crowd was gathering.  One member of the crowd saw a snack opportunity.


The cat abstained.  Not really a vegan.  Apparently the dog is.



He ate it very aggressively too, as though one of us wanted to snatch it from him.  Umm, Moses, it's OK, you can have it.  I was a little worried it would have a laxative effect on him, but his cast iron stomach did just fine with all that roughage.

After I harvested the second cabbage, I made the most delicious cole slaw EVAH.  Yummm.  I did not offer the dog any.  He can make his own; he's home all day after all.


Thanks to Bev and Don for the cabbage plants.

No comments: