Saturday, June 13, 2009

Twitter Foolishness

Hello fans,

My husband works at a newspaper. They require some of the writers to tweet. Well, I thought, if my wacky husband was tweeting, I certainly want to experience that.

So I signed up to follow the tweeting of the R------- T---- D-------.

Nothing happened for a few days, so I asked my tweeter had he tweeted lately, and how does this work since I had signed up to follow his tweets. He said something like "I dunno, it's all a bunch of crap, who cares." That might be a bit more negative than what he said, but I try to make things interesting for my readers.

A few days later I received e-mail saying that the RTD was now following me. Now readers, I don't know much about Twitter, but I don't think a big old newspaper really wants to be following me. I'm pretty sure it's meant to be the other way round.

Still no tweets. Do they come to my e-mail or do I have to go fetch them? If so, that's dumb.

A few days ago I received e-mail saying that Bettina Merkl was now following me. Yikes, I don't want anyone following me, most especially a stranger.

Then today I received e-mail telling me that a young lady I do know and am very fond of is a follower. Jeez, now I feel like I have to tweet. This is getting to be a lot of pressure.

Today I screwed up my courage and clicked on the profile link for Bettina to see who she might be. Doggone it, "Bettina" is selling something, something related to satellite TV. I bet there isn't even anyone named Bettina Merkl. What do you think?

You know, I just wanted to see the funny stuff my husband writes. Maybe I'll skip Twitter and just ask him when he gets home if he wrote anything funny today.

No comments: