Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day Musings

Happy mother's day to all mothers, past, present, and future.

It's early here at the nest, and I'm enjoying the bird sounds, and the lush green of my yard after a night of rain.  The washer is washing, doing its duty just as I told it to, so that's a good thing.  Later the dryer will dry, also following my instructions.

Later I am going over to the Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden and strip leaves off of trees.  This will be a fun outdoor activity, and after I'll be able to tell people that I stripped on mother's day.

I'm feeling kind of melancholy and need to shake that off.  I am blessed with 3 excellent sons so melancholy on mother's day is pretty ridiculous.  Maybe I feel unneeded.  Maybe I miss my mother.  And Paul's mother too.  Raising children is a 24 hour job for 18 years, then they all take off (thank goodness) for their own lives.  And that's what we want, independent, self-sufficient off-spring.

I think the solution to my melancholy problem is that I need to think more like a man.  

I'll get right to work on that.  

No comments: