Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Woe is Me

Please get out your little tiny violin and play it while you read this post:

-On Sunday I ran over a big piece of metal and messed up my car, which I love nearly as much as I love the humans and pets in my life. The big piece of metal ripped off the exhaust system (it was still slightly attached to the car) and cracked the transmission. I have to drive my husband's dopey car (and shift gears, dammit) till it gets fixed.

-On Monday my fairly new MacBook Pro lost its hard drive and all of its contents, including all of my professional quality photos and various documents of great importance.

Yesterday I was grumpy about these things and then today I see that our governor has declared this to be Confederate History Month and now I am excited about going to re-enactments and celebrating the anniversary of secession from the Union. I'll be wearing my itchy gray wool moth-eaten dress and pretending to be a nurse up at Chimbarazo while the surgeon re-enactors pretend to amputate shattered and gangrenous arms and legs. And, new this year, there will be a special area for those pretending to die from dysentery.

Come on and join us as we celebrate state's rights. There'll be corn pone and brandy for everyone!

No comments: