Sunday, April 27, 2008

My First Entry

Well, here we are, the cats and I, wondering if the baby had a good time at the prom last night and where he slept and if he is OK and all that mother type stuff. It is raining and cool and I am enjoying the quiet house while reading the newspapers and thinking about life. My old cat Pixie is yowling and patting the front edge of the sofa which means she needs attention.

My husband (or my nutty husband, as he will be represented in these posts) is away from home doing his job which involves professional football. It's the draft weekend.

I have two older sons who are on their own and we will be sending the baby off to college in the fall. Thus, the nest is nearly empty and I am enjoying all the "lasts" we are lucky to be experiencing. Last prom, last Dogwood Invitational track meet, last chance to figure out how to attach studs to the shirt buttons of a tuxedo. Thank you to that other dad who did know how so that my son didn't look underdressed at the prom. We parents must stick together.

It does indeed take a village to launch these children into the world.


No comments: